To educate each student to hi/her full potential in a community formed and guided by Catholic beliefs and traditions.
-School Mission Statement
“Journey Together On The Road To Discovery”
In 1857 St. Nicholas School opened its doors as a four room school on Church Street, serving the needs of the Irish immigrant community. In 1887, the school expanded to an eight room school and teacher’s residence. That building served the needs of the school community until 1956, when the present St. Nicholas Catholic School was constructed adjacent to the original site. An addition of a classroom and second floor was constructed in 1965. In 2006, St. Nicholas Catholic School celebrated 50 years of Catholic Education in the present building. On May 5, 2007, St. Nicholas Catholic School celebrated 150 years of of Catholic Education.
St. Nicholas Catholic Elementary School is a part of the Denis Morris Catholic High School Family of Schools.